Monday, May 23, 2011

A Year in Review: My Favorite Cards

I've wanted to create a blog publishing the cards I've made for at least a year now. Unfortunately grad school...a.k.a. my life, seems to take priority above just about everything. Making cards and baking are two of my hobbies I use as an escape and stress reliever. My pile of cards has grown and my recipe box has expanded, but nothing was published to a blog..until now. Below are some of my favorite cards I have made in the past year or two that I would like to share. Some I made at StampinUp classes, others I have created on my own, adapted from many different stampin blogs I've visited. I do believe it is important to leave credit when it is due, but unfortunately I can't remember where I got ideas for everything. And, like I said, all my ideas-- be it crafts or food, are usually a compilation of a number of other people's creations. Again, I will not post extensive details about the cards but if you have a question just ask!


50th Birthday Card

Baby Girl Dresser

Baby Boy Dresser

These girls are too cute, I had to use them for something


My favorite color scheme- yellows, pinks and oranges






The penguin rolls across the card- it is weighted by a penny to help it move

Snow Globe


Crystal Effects used on the Purple Flower

A Father's Day card

To go with Taylor (my husband) fish themed christmas presents, I made him a Goldfish Ornament card...except our wonderful cat, Guinness, tore the card open to eat the Goldfish..more on him, later



My nephew's 1-year Birthday Card, a picture of him from our wedding

'Kiss' Stamp Technique with my favorite stamp- the Medallion

You can even use foil in card making

A Treat Box filled with Chocolate Chip Cookies- I made for my neighbors when I moved in


When I left my old job, my co-workers wanted copies of some of my recipes, so I made a box to put the recipe cards in




Brayer backgroud and Embossed Grass




Thanksgiving Card with Embossed Leaves and sponged with fall colors

3 comments:

  1. Wow Nicole! Those all look great! I had NO idea you were into this sort of stuff. I love getting crafty, just not very good at it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, I recognize some of those cards!! From Jan's workshops! Oh yeah, I signed up to be a Stampin' Up! Demonstrator under Jan this year...it is going well so far. I LOVE the Medallion stamp...and oh my goodness, the medallion as the Christmas ornament; I am soooo stealing that idea! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. dang!!! I am so jealous of all of your crafty endeavors! Awesome job!!

    ReplyDelete